Saturday, December 27, 2014

Make Play Dough Roses with Seven Simple Steps!


Do you like roses?

Do you like play dough?

This is how you make play dough roses:


1.  Pinch about ten small pieces of play dough.
2.  Roll them into balls.

3.  Flatten each ball.
4.  Fold one flattened piece up into a shape like a hotdog bun. 

5.  Pinch the other pieces onto the "hotdog bun", making petals.
6.  If you like, push the top edges of the petals out.

7.  Make a play dough stem or put rose buds on a plastic stem.

What do YOU like to make out of play dough?

5 comments:

  1. these are just lovely! my children and I make them at home often just like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nina! When I was a little girl, I just like to move the play dough around and squish it alot. I liked to make a mess and mix the colors. God has certainly given you creating talent. The roses are beautiful. Thank you for showing them to us out here in cyberspace! Mrs. Letourneau from Little Way Home Educators

    ReplyDelete
  3. From FB comments:
    Rachel Ann -Nina your roses are beautiful and you did such a nice job, explaining how to do it. Thank you for sharing!

    Bernadette - Beautiful rose Nina!

    Florence- Nice job Nina and Jack. Maybe a cake decorator in her future? Very pretty roses.

    Nina- Thank you, everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like I'm going to need to get my play doh out. Those roses turned out wonderful. I'm sure the kids I nanny would love to learn to make them and now that you've taught me, I can show them. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. I have made something similar decorating cakes but it never occurred to me to do it with the kids using play dough. Your kids did a great job.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people! Thanks.